DUI & Risk Courses
20 hours course
If you’ve been charged with a DUI, DWI, or Reckless Driving in Georgia, there are confidential and legal ways to have your license reinstated. Your road to reinstatement starts by taking a DUI/Risk Reduction course at Five Star DUI & Defensive Driving School LLC.
WHAT IS A DUI / RISK REDUCTION CLASS?
Georgia State Law requires persons charged with any of the following offenses to attend a Risk Reduction Program certified by Georgia’s Department of Driver Services before a driver’s license can be reinstated.
- Driving Under the Influence (D.U.I.)
- Driving While Intoxicated (D.W.I.)
- Boating Under the Influence (B.U.I.)
- Illegal possession of alcohol and/or drugs
- Other drug or traffic offenses
DUI CLASSES ARE A TWO STEP PROCESS
Understanding the Two Step Process
Drivers required to take a DUI/Risk Reduction Class must complete the two step process in order to receive a certificate of completion.
1st STEP- The Assessment Component
- Must be completed at our facility prior to the first day of class
- Takes approximately 30 minutes to complete
- Offered Monday through Friday from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
2ND STEP- The Intervention Component
- Must be completed AFTER the Assessment Component
- Entails 20 hours of classroom instruction divided into 3 or 5-day programs
- The Department of Driver Services forbids late arrivals or the student will be dismissed from this course.
Students will receive a State of Georgia “Certificate of Completion” upon successful completion of the DUI course, and the Department of Driver Services is notified.
Visit our Schedule a class or driving lessons 24 hours a day 7 days a week online
Visit our location at 2093 Rock Chapel Rd (Hwy 124) in Lithonia, GA 30058. Convenient location for Dekalb, Rockdale, Newton, Gwinnett, Fulton, and Clayton county residents